Saturday, April 4, 2015

My First Decoupage

I am finding Goodwill is a great place to "practice" new ideas and  man did I have fun with my hand at decoupage!

<--- Started with this desk organizer.


This "wrapping paper" in chevron pattern was .33 at Goodwill.

Just mixed some elmers glue and water.   1:3 ratio of water and glue. Cut my paper to size for the front and started the tidious project. Must have patience! Taking a sponge I usd water to "wet" the surface. With decoupage you must use very thin paper. Placed the paper on wet surface and using a paint brush I smoothed out air bubbles. Then I applied my glue. You can purchase "Modge Podge" at your local Walmart.


The Stencil was .99 at Goodwill. I did rush this step. I just held the stencil in place and blotted the black paint on.

Now I have a super fantastic "Craft Caddy"


Thanks one and all for coming by! I hope you come by often.


 You are welcome to follow me on pintrest: Follow Michelle On Pintrest!

Michelle Masterson
Orlando Florida 

No comments:

Post a Comment